Sezierte Buchstaben: Evolution of Type von Andreas Scheiger


Inspiriert von den Büchern "The Alphabet" und "Elements of Lettering" von Frederic W. Goudy hat Andreas Scheiger in seinem Grafischen Labor ein paar Buchstaben seziert. Das Ergebnis der Obduktion kann man sich auf Behance ansehen, ein Making of gibts in seinem Blog.
"Letters are organisms and typefaces are the species, all classified similar to biological taxonomy! I drafted this cognition in a chart for print and in order to prove my finding to the interested audience I took one step further. I surgically opened the letters S, Z, S, A, W and how contented I was to discover muscles, veins, tendons and bone just like the ones shared by so many living creatures" Evolution of Type, Exhibits 1-5
(via Fubiz)
blog comments powered by Disqus